Developing your Resume and Written Application
As part of our new online job applicant series, this popular job applicant workshop has been customised and adapted to be delivered virtually in two x 2 hour sessions.
The first session will set the foundations, helping you to navigate the public sector recruitment process from an applicant’s perspective, while learning how to identify your key ‘selling’ features to build a competitive advantage. You will gain insight into how to understand what a panel is looking for and how to put your best self forward.
The next session focuses on developing your professional resume, identifying and highlighting your strengths as well as writing great applications, responding to selection criteria or preparing other supporting statements.
Who should attend? Government staff and external applicants
Topics covered in the workshop:
- Navigate public sector recruitment & selection – an applicant’s perspective
- Understand & use competency frameworks
- Articulate your strengths including your transferable skills
- Identify your key “selling” features and best evidence
- Present your capabilities through a professional resume
- Prepare high quality written supporting statements
- Adapt to different application requirements – 1 or 2 page statements, response to merit criteria, expressions of interest
- Appreciate what selection panels (and recruiters) look for at the shortlisting stage
- Use your written application to set you up for success through the rest of the process
Please note: this training focuses on resumes, cover letters, and written statements. For training that includes the interview stage of the selection process, please check our Interview Skills Intensive workshop or join us for the complete Online Job Applicant Series.
- Qualified facilitators with extensive professional expertise and experience
- Balance of expert content and opportunities for practical application
- Guaranteed small group
- High quality resource material
- Drawing from our experience with more than 5000 public sector selection panels since 1996
- Ensuring up-to-date knowledge of both Queensland and Australian Government recruitment
$352.00 per person incl. GST
Structure and Timing
Delivery: Secure on-line platform
The workshop is scheduled to run in 2 sessions:
- 9:00am – 11:00am
- 11:15am – 1:15pm
How To Register
For more information, contact us on (07) 3220-1166.
- Wednesday, 5th August 2020
Please refer to workshop structure and timing below.