Interview Skills Intensive
As part of our new online job applicant series, this on-line workshop will be conducted over three x 2 hour sessions.
The first session will set the foundations, helping you to navigate the public sector recruitment process from an applicant’s perspective, while learning how to identify your key ‘selling’ features to build a competitive advantage. You will gain insight into how to understand what a panel is looking for and how to put your best self forward.
On Day Two, both sessions will focus on interview skills and strategies. You will learn how to prepare for your interview including anticipating different kinds of interview questions and knowing how to close an interview. You will learn techniques to help you manage your nerves while confidently “selling” yourself in the interview. We will include hints on handling on-line interviews. Our goal is help you maximise your success in interviews for government jobs.
Who should attend? Government staff and external applicants
Topics covered in the workshop:
- Navigate public sector recruitment & selection – an applicant’s perspective
- Understand & use competency frameworks
- Prepare well for recruitment interviews
- Understand behavioural, scenario and other typical questions
- Plan your responses but remain flexible
- Prepare a memorable closing statement
- Manage yourself in an interview – handle nerves & avoid typical applicant mistakes
- Develop non-verbal communication strategies for success
- Understand how to respond to complex interview situations integrating multiple selection techniques (work samples, work tests, psychometric assessment)
- Gain key tips for success in remote interviews
Please note: this training focuses on the interview stage of the selection process. For training that includes resumes, cover letters, and written statements, please check our Developing your Resume and Written Application workshop or join us for the complete Online Job Applicant Series.
- Qualified facilitators with extensive professional expertise and experience
- Balance of expert content and opportunities for practical application
- Guaranteed small group
- High quality resource material
- Drawing from our experience with more than 5000 public sector selection panels since 1996
- Ensuring up-to-date knowledge of both Queensland and Australian Government recruitment
Special introductory rate:
$429.00 per person including GST.
Structure and Timing
Delivery: Secure on-line platform
The workshop is scheduled to run in three sessions over two mornings:
- 9:00am – 11:00am
- 9:00am – 11:00am
- 11:15am – 1:15pm
How To Register
For more information, contact us on (07) 3220-1166.
- More dates to be announced
Please refer to workshop structure and timing below.