Practical Skills for Job Applicants
This one day workshop covers the whole selection process from resume to referees. Discover how to develop a professional resume, write great applications, prepare for interviews and understand the merit selection process
Who should attend? Government staff and external applicants
Includes: Essential information about Capability Frameworks
Topics covered in the workshop:
- Understand the merit selection process
- Read between the lines to understand what selection panels are looking for
- Use Capability Frameworks
- Prepare a professional resume
- Write great applications – 2-3 page summary or responses to selection criteria
- Identifying unique skills and employment history to build a competitive advantage
- Get tips for successful interviews
- Select the best referees
- Gain the confidence and skills to sell yourself
Please note; this workshop is a condensed version of the two-day Job Applicant Skills Intensive, including both a written application and interview skills component. If you are interested in a one-day workshop covering just one of these components, please see our Resume and Application Writing and Interview Skills workshops.
- Highly skilled and experienced facilitators
- Our experience with more than 5000 public sector selection panels since 1996
- Up-to-date knowledge of both Queensland and Australian Government recruitment
$495.00 per person incl. GST
Book two weeks in advance for our discounted early bird rate ($451.00 including GST).
Venue & Timing
Workshops are held at the Christie Centre, 320 Adelaide St, Brisbane and run from 9:00am to approximately 4:30pm.
Morning Tea and Lunch is provided with tea and coffee available during breaks.
For more information, please contact us on 07 3220 1166 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Workshop Dates:
- More dates to be announced!