This policy is ongoing and applies to all workplaces. Every manager, employee and contractor has a responsibility under the policy.
Merit Solutions commits to the continued professional development of our staff and to support and facilitate our contractors in their commitment to professional development.
- Completion of a learning and development plan for each employee
- Funding of learning and development for each employee consistent with their development needs, current and future roles and business capacity
- Corporate membership of relevant professional bodies as a source of information and advice about current practices and to support contractors to access professional development opportunities
- Adapting a learning focus for all business activities – encouraging staff and contractors to learn from experience and share their learning with other team members;
- Regular consultant meetings to include professional development components
- Mentoring and coaching new employees and contractors
- Mentoring and coaching employees and contractors when they take on new roles or challenges;
- Encouraging and facilitating staff and contractors to contribute to their profession.
- Managing Director is responsible for the development and implementation of policies and practices which facilitate and support ongoing professional development;
- Employees are responsible for their own development, participating positively in performance and development planning and taking advantage of opportunities for learning on and off the job;
- Contractors are responsible for their own continued professional development and for taking advantage of opportunities for formal and informal learning.