Talking to staff about their performance, whether positive or negative, is a critical management role and one which most managers and team leaders find challenging.
This action learning workshop is designed to provide frameworks and build the skills you need to tackle this responsibility with confidence – managing difficult conversations and giving effective feedback to improve staff performance.
Who should attend?
Managers, Supervisors, Team leaders
Topics covered in the workshop:
- Frameworks for managing staff performance and development
- Characteristics of good feedback
- What gets in the road and how to deal with the barriers
Building an authentic supervisor/staff member relationship
Core skills and techniques
- Managing difficult conversations – giving corrective feedback
- The value of documentation
- Planning a feedback conversation
Available as 1 full day or 2 half day workshops.
An optional one-to-one follow-up coaching session to support managers and team leaders in putting these skills in practice in the workplace.