WHERE: Christie Conference Centre, 320 Adelaide Street, Brisbane
Succession planning is an important element of any workforce strategy. To be effective, it must be future looking and must align with the organisation’s vision and future directions. Like any planning, we must consider a range of environmental factors and influences that may impact on the future. Identifying areas of your business where succession planning may be a critical tool to ensure future business delivery and success is an important first step. There are a whole range of tools available to build a pool of potential successors but a word of caution – which ones and how they are used send messages throughout the organisation therefore we need to manage expectations. Done well, succession planning can achieve its goal of ensuring organisations have the right people with the right skills in the right place at the right time to deliver their business.
This session is designed for managers and workforce strategists and HR practitioners.
- Where does succession planning fit in the wider workforce strategy?
- How do we develop the agility to respond to alternative scenarios?
- What can I do to identify the right people?
- What tools do I have to build a pool of potential successors?
- Some advice about talent management and succession development.
7:15am – 7:30am: Registrations
7:30am – 9:00am: Presentation
9:00am – 10:00am: Optional Discussion Forum