This is a terrific opportunity to take a leadership role in Healthy Land and Water, a unique not-for-profit organisation. Their mission is to inspire and connect people with the evidence-based tools and on-ground action that will protect the South-East Queensland natural environment and support its economy for future generations.
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for:
- Program and project management of services and programs;
- Delivery to milestones and budget;
- Leadership of a high performing team of Principle Scientists and Team Managers;
- Workplace health and safety, particularly for operational staff working in the field across Queensland;
- Proactive identification and management of risks;
- Relationship management with partner organisations and other stakeholders; and
- Contribution as a member of the senior executive team.
Healthy Land and Water (HLW) is a non-profit organisation set up with the aim of preserving South East Queensland’s natural assets for today’s communities and for future generations. This new organisation, officially launched in 2017, is the result of the unification of the former SEQ Catchments and Healthy Waterways. Together, the two prior organisations have an impressive history of achievements including numerous Environmental, Sustainability, Stormwater, Marine Environment, Asset Management and Innovation awards. Combining these not-for-profit entities has produced a powerhouse of knowledge, experience and scientific rigour well placed to continue and expand their role in the protection of waterways and in supporting the management of natural resources across South-East Queensland.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Operational experience in the leadership, planning and management of complex programs and projects in government, national resource, primary industry, community development or not-for-profit sectors
- A successful track record in managing teams to deliver programs against funding and contractual requirements
- High level client and stakeholder negotiation and liaison capability and relationship management skills
- An ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic and responsive environment
- Proven commitment and results with workplace health and safety in field operations
- Passion for natural resource management with an understanding of key principles and practices in this field as well as the relevant legislative, policy and planning environment
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, science, natural resource management or business coupled with a demonstrated commitment to professional development.
This is a three year contract with an executive remuneration package which includes a motor vehicle, city parking and other benefits. This position is based in Brisbane CBD and some travel will be required, primarily within South-East Queensland.
For more information, please download the information package below:
If you require any further information or wish to discuss your application, please call Anne-Marie Carroll at Merit Solutions on 07 3220-1166 for a confidential conversation.
If you are interested in the role, please click “Apply Now” and follow the prompts.Apply Now
Applications close 2 May 2017.
By applying, you are granting permission for Merit Solutions to pass your application and personal details on to our client.