Closing the Gap between Organisational Goals and Achievement
Many organisations in the private and public sectors experience a gap between stated organisational goals and organisation achievement. Factors that contribute to this gap are poor translation of goals at the operational level, limited managerial support, a silo mentality, inability to capture the engagement of skilled staff, a failure to reflect on past actions and results (intended and unintended), a lack of creativity and an inability to equip managers with skills in change management and the development of a positive workplace culture. Ron will draw on more than 30 years experience and research in micro- and macro-level organisational interventions to identify some key strategies that work together to effectively translate organisational goals into organisational results.
- Developing a structure to support innovation and achievement
- Building managerial capacity to develop a positive culture and produce results
- Capturing employee commitment, skills and creativity
- Breaking down silos and employee isolation
- Helping managers to become “reflective practitioners”
- Engaging organisational knowledge and skills in organisational improvement.
Who should attend?
Managers – including HR Managers, Talent Managers, T&D Managers
7:00am – 7:15am: Registrations
7:15am – 9:00am: Presentation and Q&A